- 2 t Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 c Red Pepper (or yellow bell, finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 c Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 T Celery (finely chopped)
- 2 clv Garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 c Mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 10 oz Ground Beef (extra lean, 10% fat or less)
- 1 T Steak Sauce
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
These hamburgers are great with sauteed onions. Slice the onions, then saute in a nonstick pan with a little beef bouillon, until tender.
In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil; add bell pepper, onion, celery and garlic. Saute, stirring, until onion is translucent, about 8-10 minutes. Add mushrooms; raise heat to high and saute, stirring, until mushrooms brown and liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes. Allow mixture to come to room temperature. Preheat broiler. Combine mushroom mixture with ground beef, steak sauce, salt and pepper. Form into 4 hamburgers. Spray broiler rack with nonstick cooking spray. Broil burgers on rack 3-4” from heat, 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
PER SERVING: 164 Calories, 15 g Protein, 10 g Fat, 5 g Carbohydrate,127 mg Sodium, 44 mg Cholesterol, 1 g Dietary Fiber