- 1⁄4 c rice wine vinegar
- 1 T Soy Sauce (reduced sodium)
- 2 t Mint Leaf (fresh, minced)
- 1 t Ginger (fresh pared root, minced)
- 1 t orange extract (replaces orange zest) (replaced orange zest)
- 1 t Sesame Oil
- 8 Lettuce (large iceberg leaves)
- 8 oz Roast Beef (cooked, lean, boneless, cut into 1/4 inch strips)
- 1 c bean sprouts
- 1 c Cucumber (shredded, seeded, pared)
- 8 Mint Leaves (fresh, large)
The dipping sauce in this recipe may be made up to three days ahead and refrigerated; prepare extra to use as a dipping sauce for cut-up raw vegetables.
In medium bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, minced mint leaves, ginger, extract and oil; set aside. Place lettuce leaves on work surface; top center of each leaf with 1 ounce beef strips, 2 Tbsps bean sprouts, 2 Tbsps cucumber and 1 mint leaf. Fold sides of each lettuce leaf over filling; starting from shortest end, roll leaves to enclose. Place 2 rolls on each of 4 plates, seam-side down; serve with vinegar mixture for dipping.
PER SERVING: 136 Calories, 5 g Total Fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 46 mg Cholesterol, 192 mg Sodium, 4 g Total Carbohydrate, 1 g Dietary Fiber,18 g Protein, 24 mg Calcium.