- 10 oz Ground Beef (extra lean)
- 1⁄2 t salt
- 1⁄2 t pepper (freshly ground black)
- 1⁄2 t Oregano (dried leaves)
- 1⁄4 c Tomato Sauce (no salt added)
- 1⁄4 c Mushrooms (white, sliced thinly)
- 1 1⁄2 oz Mozzarella (skim-milk mozzarella)
- 1 T Parsley (fresh, flat-leaf)
In large bowl, combine beef, salt, pepper and oregano; form into 4 equal patties. In medium nonstick skillet, cook patties 3 minutes; turn over. Spread each patty with 1 Tbsp tomato sauce; top each with 1 table- spoon mushrooms and one-fourth of the cheese. Cook, covered, 4 minutes, until cheese is melted and patties are cooked through. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
PER SERVING: 156 Calories, 9 g Total Fat, 4 g Saturated Fat, 50 mg Cholesterol, 377 mg Sodium, 2 g Total Carbohydrate, 0 g Dietary Fiber,17 g Protein, 76 mg Calcium.