1 cup Cottage Cheese, 1%
1/4 cup Raw Tomatoes
4 oz Cheese, mozzarella, reduced fat
2 medium Raw Zucchini,
1 cup Green Onions
8 oz Beef, ground, 98% lean (raw)
1/4 cup Water
1 fl oz Tomato Paste
1/2 tsp Oregano, ground
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1/8 tsp Pepper
1 clove Garlic, clove
1/2 tsp Basil
1/4 tsp Thyme
1. Slice zucchini into long thin strips. Cook (use desired method—roast, broil, bake, saute) zucchini until tender and set aside.
2. Fry meat until brown; drain fat.
3. Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, pepper, thyme, tomato paste, garlic (minced), water, and green onions (diced). Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes or until reduced.
5. In small bowl, slightly beat the egg.
4. Add cottage cheese, half of shredded cheese and cream of tartar.
5. In 1 1/2-qt. baking-roasting pan arrange half of the meat mixture. Top with half of the zucchini and all the cottage cheese mixture. Top with remaining meat and zucchini.
6. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer.
8. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 4 servings