- 2 Whole Chicken Breasts, Skin off. (or you can use Turkey)
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 4 lg. garlic cloves, chopped ( 1/2 clove is 1/2 of a condiment)
- 2 1/2 quarts fat-free, low sodium chicken broth (1 cup is 1 condiment)
- 1 (28oz.) can whole tomatoes in puree’ crushed
- 2 to 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced (1 tbsp. is 1 condiment)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander seed (both of these seasonings = 1/2 condiment)
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot (1 teaspoon per soup serving = 1 fat serving)
- Add celery and cook over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes with their puree, jalapeños, cumin, coriander, and dash of salt and pepper, and add cilantro if using.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Add the shredded chicken to heat up and ENJOY!
****** To serve for 1 lean and green. Have 6 oz. of chicken and 1 1/2 cup of the veggies (tomatoes and
celery). The others are condiments. You can also have 1 cup of chicken broth. This meal is 3 condiments so make sure.