- For Salad:
- 4 cups finely sliced white cabbage (a little red if you like)
- 3 T Splenda
- 3 T Soy Sauce
- 1⁄4 c Water
- 3 T Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 t Ginger (fresh, grated)
- 1 clv Garlic (minced)
- 2 T Chili Powder (preferred Gebhardt’s)
- 2 t Olive Oil
- For Fish:
- 3 Green Onion (chopped)
- 1 t Chicken Starter
- 7 oz Fish (White fish: cod, tilapia, mahi mahi, etc)
- 1 c Can Diced Tomatoes with Jalapenos
- For Topping:
- 1 T Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 c Sour Cream (fat free)
- 1⁄4 c Salsa (Chunky or Picante)
- 2 oz Cheese (shredded/grated cheddar)
Topping: Mix cilantro, sour cream, and salsa for topping together well and set aside.
Salad: Combine all ingredients for salad, and stir. Combine 4 cups finely sliced white cabbage (a little red if you like) with marinade and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
Fish: Place fish in small chunks on rack of broiler pan. Broil on middle shelf with temperature set at 350F for about 3 minutes.
Saute green onions in water until tender. Stir in chicken starter and chili powder. Add a little water if necessary to maintain moist mixture. Don’t let it burn. After starter and chili powder are blended in, add broiled fish. Stir well, adding a little more water if needed. Flake the fish in the skillet if you like.
Stir tomatoes in thoroughly. Heat over medium heat, stirring regularly, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Divide fish mixture evenly over tossed cabbage mixture. Put half the cheddar on top of each plate, then divide the cilantro/sour cream/salsa mixture over the top of that.