- 1 T Olive Oil (+1 t olive oil)
- 2 c Eggplant (finely diced, pared)
- 1⁄2 c Red Onion (diced)
- 1 clv Garlic (minced)
- 5 Plum Tomato (large, seeded and finely diced)
- 1⁄2 c Dry White Wine
- 1 T Oregano (fresh, minced – or Marjoram leaves)
- 10 oz Shrimp (medium, peeled and de-veined)
- 1 1⁄2 oz Yogurt Cheese (firm and crumbled)
- 2 T Parsley (fresh, minced flat-leaf)
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil; add eggplant. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Add tomatoes, wine, oregano and 1/2 cup water to vegetable mixture; bring liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes, until most of the liquid is evaporated. Add shrimp to vegetable mixture; cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes, until shrimp turn pink. Serve sprinkled with cheese and parsley.
PER SERVING: 198 Calories, 8 g Total Fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 117 mg Cholesterol, 235 mg Sodium, 9 g Total Carbohydrate, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 17 g Protein, 124 mg Calcium.