- 10 oz Sea Scallops
- 2 c Bouillon (prepared low-sodium chicken)
- 1⁄2 c Lemon Juice (fresh)
- 1 1⁄2 c Tomato (chopped, seeded, peeled)
- 1 T Garlic Oil (+1 t garlic oil)
- 1⁄2 c Scallion (finely minced)
- 1 T Chives (fresh, finely chopped)
- 1 T Dill (fresh, finely chopped)
- 1 T Parsley (fresh, finely chopped)
- 1 T Tarragon (fresh, finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 t pepper (finely ground black)
- 1⁄8 t salt
You can buy garlic oil, or make your own by adding several crushed garlic cloves to a bottle of vegetable oil .
Wash the scallops in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. In medium skillet, bring the chicken broth to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cover and poach for 2-3 minutes or until opaque. Transfer to a colander and rinse with cold water. Slice horizontally 1/4” thick. Pour the juice into a gallon-size sealable plastic bag; add scallops. Seal bag, squeezing out air; turn to coat scallops. Refrigerate for 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. When ready to serve, drain off liquid from the scallops and discard. Stir in tomatoes, scallions, oil, chives, dill, parsley, tarragon, pepper and salt. Spoon the scallops onto four serving plates. Garnish each serving with a parsley sprig and lemon slice, if desired.
PER SERVING: 125 Calories, 13 g Protein, 5 g Fat, 7 g Carbohydrate,258 mg Sodium, 23 mg Cholesterol, 1 g Dietary Fiber