- 15 oz Bay Scallops
- 1⁄2 c Lemon Juice (fresh)
- 1 Cucumber (medium, pared, seeded and diced)
- 1 t salt (coarse, kosher)
- 1 Tomato (medium, finely diced)
- 1 oz Jalapeno Pepper (medium, pickled, seeded and sliced. Reserve 1 T of juice)
- 1⁄4 c Scallion (white portion with some green)
- 2 T Cilantro (fresh, minced)
- 4 Lettuce (leaves)
In medium nonreactive bowl,* combine scallops and lemon juice; toss to coat thoroughly. Place sheet of plastic wrap directly on surface of scallop mixture to cover completely; refrigerate at least 5 hours or overnight. While scallops are marinating, place cucumber in colander. Sprinkle with salt; toss to combine. Let cucumber mixture stand 2 hours. Rinse cucumber mixture under cold running water; let drain thoroughly. Drain scallops; discard liquid. Return scallops to bowl. Add drained cucumber, tomato, pepper and reserved juice, scallions and cilantro; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour. Line serving platter with lettuce leaves. Top lettuce with scallop mixture.
PER SERVING: 112 Calories, 1 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 35 mg Cholesterol, 350 mg Sodium, 7 g Total Carbohydrate, 1 g Dietary Fiber,19 g Protein, 45 mg Calcium
* It’s best to marinate in bowls made of nonreactive material, such as glass, stainless steel or ceramic; ingredients such as lemon juice may react with other materials, causing color and flavor changes in foods.