(from Fit and Festive Recipe Cards)
260 Calories, 16g Fat, 6g Carbs, 24g protein
Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
- 10 sprays non-stick cooking spray
- 3 cups broccoli florets, raw
- 12 eggs
- 1 Tbsp non-fat milk
- 1 tsp salt-free seasoning
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded, reduced-fat cheddar
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Spray a 7×11 inch glass casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Cut broccoli into florets, approximately one-inch pieces.
4) Place broccoli in a pot with enough water to cover and bring to a boil.
5) Once broccoli turns bright green, immediately drain into a colander and let cool.
6) Break eggs into a mixing bowl. Add milk, seasoning, and black pepper. Beat ingredients until well combined.
7) Place drained broccoli into greased casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese over broccoli.
8) Pour egg mixture over broccoli and cheese. Use fork to gently stir so that ingredients are evenly distributed throughout.
9) Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes, until top is slightly browned and eggs puff up slightly.
Per serving: 1 Lean, 1 ¼ Green, 1 Condiment