- 2 small spaghetti squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8th tsp kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/3 cups homemade enchilada sauce
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped cilantro and scallions for garnish
For the enchilada sauce:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or two if they don’t fit).
Cut the squash in half lengthwise, and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and soft yellow strands. Brush the inside of the squash with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Place the squash facedown on the baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the flesh easily pierces with a fork.