These recipes are made using portion controlled meal replacements, as part of a weight maintenance phase. Some of these modifications may pull you out of “fat burning” if you are currently in the weight lose phase. Don’t have these meals? Click here to request more information!
- Have fun and flavor to your TSFL soups, chili, and stew by adding several Tbsps of diced vegetables such as : green or red onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus, zucchini or spinach, etc. Salsa or hot sauce also can add a punch.
- The extra vegetables adds zest, and texture to the meals.
- Add 1 oz of lean deli meat to the soups, chili, and stew( in addition to the vegetables..if desired) Some people will stay full longer with extra protein.
- Add 1 spoonful of protein/ fiber to the shakes or drinks if desired…Then add more water. This allows helps the stomach feel full and allows the blood sugar to rise more slowly and stay up longer, thereby lengthening the time before hunger returns.
- Protein/fiber mix: Mix 1 cup of low carb soy protein powder (Protein 95), whey protein ( Protein 96) or egg protein powder with 1/2 cup of water soluble fiber such as guar gum, Benefiber or Fibersure.
- Non-caloric flavorings: Davinci, and Torani sugar-free flavorings can be added to the shakes to provide a different flavor. Blenders…. Using a blender for the shakes , and crushed ice if desired provide a smooth, whipped texture.
- Blenders…. Using a blender for the shakes , and crushed ice if desired provide a smooth, whipped texture.
- The new shaker cups with the whisk ball are great for getting a cold drink well mixed in a flash while on the road or at work..
Spicing up your meals
Several of the products you will want to consider in spicing up your TSFL food include:
- Torani and Da Vinci sugar-free flavorings
- Shirataki tofu noodles, available at most grocery stores in the refridgerated display along the produce aisle near the tofu.
- PB 2, defatted peanut butter
- Protein powder (low carb): whey, egg, or soy
- Wheat bran (not wheat germ)
- Fresh salsa or any salsa with no sugar added, or hot sauce.
- Fearn Soya granules
- Cold drinks: Add cold water to your cup, then mix, and stir or shake.
- Hot drinks/cream soups: Add hot water to your cup/bowl or add water and heat in microwave, and then whisk in the tsfl meal.
- Soups (not cream soups): Add cold water the night before or in the morning in a tupperware and add the tsfl meal (do not microwave) and let sit for several hours or overnight to let all the dehydrated food moisten up. When you microwave, you do not have to let it sit!
- Oatmeal: Add cinnamon or nutmeg if desired. Add a sugar free flavoring or PB 2. Most people enjoy the oatmeal most if they add 1 Tablespoon of wheat bran (not wheat germ). It provides a coarser consistency and extra fiber (good if you are experiencing consitpation, too.) If more protein is desired, add 1 Tablespoon Fearn Soya granules or protein powder.
- Eggs: Always cook the eggs in a skillet on the stovetop instead of using the microwave. You can saute 1/4 cup diced vegetables (onion, mushroom, bell pepper, etc.) in a non-stick pan coated with olive oil spray. After 3-4 minutes, add the egg mixture whisked with 1/2 cup water. Cook until eggbeater consistency. Add salsa or hot sauce if desired. If more protein is desired, add 1 slice deli meat that is diced, or 1 oz. leftover lean and green poultry or fish.