Here are the most important things to know to get started. Refer to it often. You will forget!
- Read the Quick Start Guide cover to cover
- Read the condiment recommendations and healthy fat options
What to Avoid
Unless it’s in a MF packet or approved foods for the Lean (protein) and green (veg or salad) and some fat (like a drizzle of salad dressing)…you may not eat it!
- No bread
- No dairy products
- No fruit
- No pasta/rice/potatoes
- No alcohol – zip, zero, zilch! (Just while you’re in the weight-loss phase)
Take a Before Picture
Wear a tight shirt (not baggy..we want to see how bad it really is). Take all sides…and a close up of the face. If you’ve already started, get this done quick…you’re gonna start disappearing and changing quickly. This is for you…you don’t have to show this to anyone if you don’t want to. It’s very motivating though to look back. You may not see the changes daily…but you will in the picture.
IMPORTANT: Take your measurements, too!!
Decide on your next days’ meals the night before…or the morning of…but put them in a ziplock and when there are no more packets to eat, you can stop eating for the day (except the lean and green.)
If you go longer than 3 hours between any two meals, just wait an hour to eat the next one to get caught up. Very important you eat all your meals. Take food with you everywhere. You don’t want to get stuck without your food!
You can be eating your last meal right before you go to bed..it’s not a problem.
Water & Exercise
PLEASE DO NOT EXERCISE FOR THE FIRST FEW WEEKS, IF YOU HAVEN’T BEEN ALREADY.
If you have been, cut back on the intensity for a couple of weeks.
Mix the meals up really well (don’t just stir it with a spoon and think you’re good). Break out the whisk!
When you make the oatmeal for the first time…you may make it any consistency you’d like. The directions on the packet make it REALLY gummy. You can just add hot water and let it sit a minute….or you can nuke it, but you’ll really have to add more water. The oatmeal takes some people a while to adjust to…I love it now…but I hated it for probably the first week. Stay with it…your taste buds will change.
You may put sweetner in the oatmeal, if that helps.
Make sure you let the soups sit a little while to get the beans, rice..etc….soft.
1 Optional Snack you may have (if needed- and does not replace a meal):
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 fruit-flavored sugar-free Popsicle®
- ½ cup of sugar-free gelatin dessert, such as Jell-O®
- Up to 3 pieces of sugar-free gum or mints
- 2 dill pickle spears
- 1⁄2 oz of nuts: almonds (10 whole), walnuts (7 halves), or pistachios (20 kernels)
You may use any seasonings and sugar-free syrups you need. Bullion is good for the soups..or if you get a little light headed in the beginning. You may even experience a little headache the first couple of days. DRINK LOTS OF WATER.
You may have a couple of caffeinated drinks per day…but only non-dairy creamer (and very little) in the coffee.
You have Help & Support!
- Click here for the current schedule, archived calls, and tips!
- Be sure to join our exclusive, client group on Facebook!
Other numbers to have handy:
- Customer Service – 800-572-4417 M-F 10pm (EST) Sat-Sun 6pm (EST)
- Nutritionist – 877-270-5704 5:30 am-2pm (EST)
- What is a health advisor? For new clients – 2 minutes long – 866-200-6719 – recorded message 24/7
- What is TSFL & our Health advisor opportunity – 4 minutes long – 866-284-6682 – recorded message 24/7
Check out the gallery for some of our groups pictures! You will be one of them soon!