TSFL Maintenance basics:
- Always eat within 1 hr. of awakening.
- Continue to drink 64-100 oz of water daily.
- Continue to eat every 2-3 hrs.
- For carbs, eat mainly crunchy or raw veggies and limited fruit. For starches, have a whole grain breakfast cereal if desired and use low carb tortillas and Shirataki pasta to reduce starch intake. Whole grain bread is ok for some people, but will lead to weight gain in many.
- Experiment with new recipes and sauces to add interest and spice to your cuisine.
- Continue to limit caffeine to 3 cups of coffee or equivalent a day.
- Avoid fast food restaurants.
- Keep crunch bars or shakes and water handy in your car and at the office for “fast food.”