For most people, achieving success on this great program is simple and doesn’t require any counting of calories or carbohydrates. Here are a few tips that can help if you are experiencing slower weight loss or if you reach a weight-loss plateau at some point in your program.
- If you haven’t started exercising yet, now may be the time. Start slowly, and gradually increase time and intensity as your body allows. Remember, listen to your body! If you
are already exercising, try picking up the intensity or frequency of your workouts.
- If you are exercising intensely, you may be pushing too hard- try to avoid exessive “huffing and puffing” while exercising. Your body will store fat if you are overworking!
- In general, be aware of your total carbohydrate intake. If you are experiencing slower weight loss or hit a plateau, we recommend staying between 80-85 grams of
carbs per day.
- Try eating more “liquid” products for a few days, which are generally the lowest in carb content.
- Choose meats from the leanest category and veggies from the lowest carb category for a week.
- Avoid eating a MF snack product and a green wrapper bar in the same day if you are experiencing slower weight loss or a weight-loss plateau.
- Maintenance Bars (in the green wrapper) are higher in carbs than other Meals.
- MF Snacks are higher in carbs than most non-MF snacks
- If you like eating both snacks and bars, try to alternate days that you eat a MF snack with days that you eat a green wrapper Maintenance Bar. Refer to the list of non-MF snacks in your Quick Start Guide for more options.
- Ask your health coach about a support website to log your meals and be sure you are eating the lean meat and green veggie meal as it is recommended. Get the link from your health coach.
- Make sure you are drinking half your body weight in ounces each day. At least 64 ounces, but preferrably 100 ounces or more is best for getting off a plateau!
- Talk to your health coach about special products to add to your program that will help you burn more calories and increase your metabolism.
If you’ve tried these tips and are not getting the results you expected, contact your health coach for more ideas.